- 2 wild salmon filets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon Banyuls vinegar
- ½ tablespoon chopped tarragon
- ½ tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh green chickpeas (sub with
- fresh English peas or fava beans)
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 large yellow squash, diced
- 3 red bell peppers, diced
For the tomato coulis, sweat the garlic and shallots in oil until soft. Add the tomatoes and cook down over a low heat until they start to break down. Add the vinegar, herbs and cream, and then simmer for about five minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Puree the mixture in a blender.
For the succotash, sweat the garlic and onions in the butter until soft and translucent. Add the chickpeas and sauté on medium heat for five minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and cook until al dente.
Season the salmon with salt and black pepper. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a hot skillet and turn on high. Sear the salmon on one side, and then turn down the heat to medium. Allow the fish to get a nice caramelized sear, and then flip it over and cook to your preferred temperature.